(#1 (permalink))
Old
ColorPencil (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Post Rare Diseases /Disorders? - 01-23-2010, 12:39 PM

Do you have or had a rare disorder or diseases or sickness?

Well, I did had one when I was little. It is really rare, and it's called Shufflers Syndrome. It's very hard to explain- but I can tell you little stories that I know and my mother told me. Dang me, I can't even find a dang article bout it. >(

Well, she noticed I didn't crawl by the usual time we most do. I'd cry when I stood up on my feet. I rolled around to get anywere (sounds weird huh). So they took me to the doctor.

So my doctor, Dr. Demyer (idk how to spell his name lol) looked at me and told my parents that I have shufflers syndrome. It's common with babies who have brain damage. My case was very different, I didn't have brain damage at ALL. I was a perfect baby.

Okayy, this is the really odd part O.o. But anyway, he got a whole bunch of doctors and the observed me. I was on the frigin' ground and they were staring at me. All I had to do be is the normal baby, sit, play, do whatever. There were a whole bunch of them, just staring at me. They said I'd get physical therapy and grow out of it by age two.

My mom told me not really tell anybody about this one thing b4 I move on, but who gives a crap. But anyway, my mom is currently dating a heart surgeon and he was close to the doctor. My mom told the whole story about me and he thinks he was one of the doctors there! o.o

So, I got two therapists named Callie and Karen. I don't remember what Karen did to help me though. Callie helped me get on my legs and train for it. My mom told me that Karen would put Cheerios on the floor and I would try to crawl, pick them up, and eat them.

And they were right. I grew out of it. I finally walked. Today I still have the same exact letter saying that I graduated out of physical therapy. (:

What 'bout you?? D
-Natalie

Joey Thunder is perrffff ♥
"I'm not angel, I'm just me, but I will love you endlessley." [endlessly, the cab]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!