Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 01-12-2010, 11:58 PM

New Doll!

Base: Mariiiis Dolls House
Month: May

About the doll:

It's a Strawberry Fairy! It's May and the soil has just gotten dry enough after April's showers to plant some strawberries. This little Fairy has come to water her plant, to whisper stories to it and to generally help it to grow up nice and delicious...I mean strong xD She was born in the month of June last year from a flowering strawberry plant and has been looking forward to the month of May for a long time.

About making the doll:
At first she was going to just be a flower fairy. You know the saying "April Showers Bring May Flowers". Well I finished the skirt and hair and was working on the earings, and I could not, for the life of me, make them look like rose buds. No matter what they just looked like strawberries x_X. So I changed gears. LUCKILY strawberries are planted when the soil is dry enough, and the earliest that can happen is in May. So I went from Flowery May to Strawberry May xD

Those are my first ever set of hand drawn wings, and my first ever hand drawn leaves. I don't like either That was the first time I did spikey hair as well, and I AM proud of that. First time with a ruffled skirt...this is a doll with a lot of firsts xD I just wanted to try different things I guess.

Anyways. So I had a REALLY hard time comming up with text, and being the perfectionist that I am, the doll HAD to have text. I put it up in a doll thread in my Club and asked people's opinions. Thanks to Tink's inspiration of "Berry Fairy" I have come up with "Berry Helpful"...WAAAAAAYYYYYYYY better than my first and very lame title of "Strawberry Fairy", lol.
CC and Kudo's please. And please be kind, as I said there were a lot of things I'd never tried before!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!