(#22 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 01-06-2010, 11:56 PM

Just saw it today.

Approximately 3 hours of pure AWESOMENESS. =D I usually don't like movies like that and although some critics say that the dialogue is "campy" and "cheesy" and the plot is "unoriginal", I wholeheartedly disagree with that. The dialogue may not be the best ever in a movie, but it still helps get the point across and if it's a little cheesy sometimes, well, too bad. xD As for "unoriginal", really, almost every idea has been done. Cameron has had this idea in his brain for 12 years, I'm sure it's not intentionally "stolen" from anything. Besides, I thought it was pretty original by today's standards. Most new movies are remakes or sequels. Sherlock Holmes has been done before, Alice and Wonderland has been done, and I also saw a Robin Hood trailer. That's been done. So you could say those ideas are unoriginal too. I think some people just look for an excuse to not like it. Some people tend to hate on popular movies they haven't seen just because they're popular... >.>

Anyway, if you do have the money/time to go watch it, you definitely should. I'm already sure I'm buying this one on DVD when it comes out, so I can see the deleting scenes, commentary, and making-of bonus features. =P
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!