View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-04-2010, 12:42 PM

I've always had a phobia of needles. Last time I had to go to the dentist, I was hyperventilating and crying cuz I was so scared. But I knew I had to have the shot, so I just stuck it out.

My worst experience was at school when we were having the BCG jab. The nurse doing the injections was a really horrible person; I told her that I was phobic, and she just brushed it aside. She was coming towards me with the needle, and I said, "Get away from me; I'm going to faint if you don't. I feel faint, please stop!"

She just ignored me and kept on coming... and I fainted. When I came round, I was asked if I wanted to have the jab later with another class, or to leave it and get it done privately with my family having to organise one. I chose to have the jab later, cuz I didn't want to cause any bother, but I didn't want that woman giving the jab to me. In the end, another nurse gave me the needle, but she was much nicer and talked to me the whole time so it wasn't so bad.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!