TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 01-01-2010, 02:51 AM

Character: Mandy
Base: nicolabear on deviantART

Mandy's on the red carpet, strutting her stuff. :P

I know it's not as extravagant as Aussie's is (congrats to her, btw! You've done great. =D), but I wanted to stay a little more simple, because that's just my style of dolling and I wanted to be true to myself. I actually did make a more fancy background, and it was pretty, but it wasn't who I am as a doller. It wasn't the competitor who got this far in the competition. ^_^

Congrats to everyone else who participated. I had no idea I was going to get this far with such fierce competition. =D

Judges' Critiques
Let me first say congratulations on making it into the finals.

I like how you stayed simple with this doll as I think it shines more with the simpliticy of the doll than anything else. I love the dress. Even though it is simple, I feel like its something that I could actually see on the red carpet today. I like how bouncy and flowy it looks. I love the make-up and the mask that she is wearing. The red carpet also looks nice, though I think it would have looked nicer with a pattern of some sort. I have to say though, I don't like the bow. It just seems so out of place. Its a nice looking bow, it just isn't right for this scene. Overall, very nice job on this doll and great job in the competition.
-Singergirl509

Hayley, I am glad to see you stuck with your style. Its important to let everyone see you shine through, as well as your techniques, considering this is what we have seen throughout.

I'm truthfully shocked that you have since an intricate background since you typically utilize abstract shapes, but its a good thing here. A full background, I feel, would've been distracting, especially considering the unusual dress shape and the bold color choices. My one picky point is the carpet seems vertical for some reason rather than like its underneath her feet. This could be the edging or the simple shading on it that has given it this effect. I love that dress! The design concept is brilliant and bold, something that you have been throughout this competition.

I truthfully have no idea where you are going to take this forum in terms of dolling, but I expect whatever path you choose, you will take it by storm. Good luck in the voting!
-Silver_Wolf_Kitty

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 01-21-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!