View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
prin367cess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-29-2009, 08:44 PM

So i started this when the rules were posted, had doller's block halfway through, and finally finished it today.

Character: still me. XD
Story: I figured that, since this is the final round, it's only natural for me to be at an awards ceremony. Walking the red carpet, dressed in a beautiful designer gown, hair and makeup done by a professional. I was totally shocked when i found out i had been nominated! The emcee just called my category - Miss TDP Dollmaker. Even if i don't get the award, the experience has been awesome.

Judges' Critiques
First off, I'd like to say that I really LOVE the idea that you used a TDP maker's props for the last round. How perfect to have curtains that actually say TDP?! The dress itself is absolutely gorgeous and matches the character nicely (the eyes). So the props are pefect, the dress is fabulous, the doll is exceptionally well made...but one issue. The frame is black and boring. Oh how I would have loved to see a silver frame for this doll.

Throughout the competition you have made huge leaps and bounds! I remember thinking that your first doll was really 'plain jane' and didn't know how far you'd make it if you kept only making the doll and not adding pizazz. Well you're definately adding pizazz now and the dolls look way more complete!

I hope this experience carries with you and that you continue to grow as a Dollmaker Doller. I encourage you to move outside your comfort zones and start using more titles and more detailed frames. I would really love to see you start delving your hand into some prop/outfit making as your editing skills have really improved throughout this competition.

Congrats to you for making it so far, and good luck!
.:*LancasterPrincess*:.

I am in love with your background! Its perfect how you included awards, as well as "TDP". It fits perfectly with the theme of going to an awards show and customizing it like that was an incredible touch. You have dressed her the part too for such an occasion, with an eye catching dress. The colors are marvelous, blending well with the whole color scheme you have going here! I do agree with Lovie that the major issue that sticks out in the black border. A color change would've softened it up nicely, making this doll shine even more!

Your improvements in this competition are magnificent. You went from few props and a lone doll to complete scenes, which is incredibly desirable. It shows just how much can be done with some good props and an excellent doller behind them! I would love to see you turn your talents now to more personalization. Lets see you do some pixeling, bringing some new items to the table that haven't been seen before! It is certainly your time to shine now and you need to take it and run with it.
-Silver_Wolf_Kitty

First of all, I've got to say this; I absolutely adore this doll. I think that the curtains are a nice touch, as is the little bit of sparkle on the doll's sash. The dress is fantasic, and suits your doll perfectly, to the hair and eyes. The props, the little statuettes are good, and not overpowering. My only criticism is that the border is a little blocky, and I don't much like the black; a dark red or purple or even a silver or gold would have matched the doll better.

Your dolls have been improving, round by round. I think my favourite of all your dolls was your Seven Deadly Sins doll, with all its little touches and extras. It really represented the theme perfectly. I love the way you keep adding these little extras, and it really gives a spark to your dolls.
-Miranda_

av&sig: LancasterPrincess
http://purple-hippie.blogspot.com

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 01-21-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!