(#21 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 12-23-2009, 05:06 PM

New doll! Thanks to my incredible husband I was able to finish this doll!

See, I was editing a base...and editing this base took me around an hour to do. That's a lot considering I normally don't spend an hour MAKING a base, none the less editing one. (The bowl was really difficult for me!) Anyway, once all my lines were complete I saved and closed it so I could continue with the doll later. When I opened the doll an error message popped up saying something like it couldn't 'parse the file'...WHAT?! So I decided I'd had enough with this doll and wasn't going to edit a base again, and especially not another wretched bowl!

Cue Aaron: Aaron calls me on his break and I tell him of my bad luck with Photoshop. He tells me not to delete the broken file and that he may be able to retrieve the lost base. I roll my eyes and agree not to thrash the thing (thinking the whole time that this was just going to be a waste of his time). The end of the story is that Aaron WAS able to retrieve the lost base by downloading a program that views broken images. I had no idea something like that even existed?! Having my edited base back gave me a new spring in my step and I saved that spring to finally make the doll. She turned out nice enough, and I'm really proud of certain aspects.

Base Credit

Her name is Circe, and there's quite a story behind what she's pouring out of that bowl. This is her full story and the reference pic.

Scroll down below the poem and that's the really cool story.

P.s. That weird thing hanging by her hip is her sleeve. For some reason the artist thought she'd like to show her breast before pouring the water? Anyway I couldn't justify putting the sleeve back on (that felt like cheating) so I left her sleeve hanging in my doll too. The contest rules were to cover up nudity so that's why her hair goes in front like that, and that's also why you probably wouldn't have even noticed that her sleeve was off and hanging until I mentioned all this.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!