(#1 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default PxT Magazine - 12-15-2009, 06:29 PM

PxT Magazine A Dolling Magazine!

Its a site that's really intended for handdrawn dollers, but everyone who does pixel work might find it intriguing.

Anyways, what it is is a dolling magazine that started fairly recently and covers topics that are relevant to dollers, problems in the community, and features dolls. If you haven't been connected to the community before, this is a good way to become familiar with it.

Today I browsed the whole "traced anime bases" personal opinion article and found myself agreeing with a lot of the points in it. I do openly admit to some serious traced base hate, though I'm not one of those people who bashes others. I just think its flat out theft and copyright infringement and find myself ashamed to think that places like deviantart allow them because of that. I also find myself having a difficult time reconciling these creations with dolling. Maybe its because I'm so old and have been in the scene for so long, but I can't redefine bases in my head to include them. They are line art to me, not dolls. I do think I am going to try to venture more into the dolling section on dA to try to encourage them to move away from traced bases(I know this is something we've all done, but it bothers me more today because its picked up in popularity and actually currently beats out the bases we are more familiar with).

Anyways, shall we discuss this month's issue? I noticed a feature on male dolls that I think people will find interesting

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!