View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Online)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 12-13-2009, 12:14 AM

I obsess over the majority of the things on that list, Spirit. My skin (too many pores, just disgusting), hair (too frizzy, naturally too... ugly), weight (could stand to lose a couple pounds), thighs (ew, stretch marks and way too big), teeth (not white enough), eyebrows (too thick), upper arms (too big), height (not tall enough), head (too small, facial features too big)... I pick apart everything it seems.

I didn't know it was a disorder until today, so don't feel completely out of the loop, Spirit.

Yeah... mental disorders tend to run in my family. >.>

I have a lot of the compulsive behaviours found on the list... compulsively checking the mirror, attempting to camouflage defect (I used to always wear hats to hide my hair - I also did that to distract from other features like my eyebrows. I also rarely wear shorts - unless it's really hot, I wear jeans because I hate my legs), I shave/pluck every time I spot a hair where it shouldn't be, I seek reassurance, comparing myself to others (do that ALL the time), etc etc.

I'll get it checked out sometime this week. I don't have time tomorrow, because I have to help my dad out with stuff at his work. >.>
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!