View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-12-2009, 11:12 PM

Its a really terrible disorder actually. Many people with eating disorders, especially when that disorder is centered around actually losing weight(some people use it for control), have it too.

I can't really say whether or not I think I'm suffering from it. I share a lot of these traits, but I think its different from the impression of BDD that I've had and is more heavily connected to my anorexia than this. Typically, when I manage to fix the flaws I perceive, I'm happy, its not never ending for me. If I work out, I feel better. If I'm not broken out, I tend to feel more confident. I usually only have those two points which bother me a lot and a lot of people with this tend to constantly pick things wrong with them, so even if one thing is better, they will continue.

Hayley, see the doctor. I worry about you darling and if mental illness happens in a first degree relative(like your mother), it increases your chances dramatically. Better to do it now than later because if it progresses, you might decide you don't have a problem. Many people with these sort of illnesses think that way.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!