View Single Post
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 12-08-2009, 05:12 PM

Up in the navigation room, Alvin was reading a note S had transmitted. "..." While she'd gotten better at reading during the sessions with Raziel, she still had some small trouble with larger words. ".. Ishmael, what does this read?" She handed her first mate the note and crossed the room to the window; the ship had submerged, and fish swam past the unbreakable glass. She never tired of this view; the underwater world was so mysterious and beautiful.

"Alvin and League, stop."

"Pardon?"

"It's an old-fashioned telegram. Stops were put instead of periods. Want me to just go over the stops, cap'n?"

"Yes, please." She tapped a finger on the glass, trying to scare off a remora.

"Alvin and League I have a new operative for you she is extremely skilled in the matters of infiltration stealth and information retrieval However it may be extremely hard to find her as she tends to be quite invisible to most people She's also a bit of a kleptomaniac but I intend on keeping her occupied with puzzles and videogames that I am sending with her She's quite like a child to be frank and should be no problem Her sense of humor may be irritating to some and she's quite the prankster Though, I imagine this will be of no concern once she realizes who not to prank Sincerely S."

"... Ishmael."

"Yes, cap'n?"

"Re-read that. And take breaths in between sentences, thank you."

Ishmael re-read the telegram as a normal letter, with pauses. XD Alvin had to think for a minute. ".. Stealth?"

"What does he mean by invisible?"

"Hell if I know." Alvin took the telegram to read it herself. She noticed there was more to the message on the back and flipped it over; it read in swirly, cursive handwriting, Throw down some flour to find me! ".. Ishmael, did this ever leave your possession?"

"No, ma'am, I've kept it on me person since we received it in India."

"Why didn't you give it to me then?"

"The instructions said to wait until a certain latitude and longitude, cap'n. I'm sorry, ma'am."

"It's fine. Flour," she muttered, wondering what that meant. "What flour is this?"

"Baking flour. Like all-purpose, cake flour, bread flour, wheat flour, white flour, rye." Ishmael checked the course on the map.

"... Tell uh, tell the kids to spread some near the vacant rooms. Or at least the ones that are supposed to be, Jadzia said that she kept hearing giggling and a door closing and opening." Alvin threw the card behind her and went back over to the three blue-white steering wheels, staring into the vast expanse of blue beyond the glass.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Silent_Wolf : 12-08-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!