View Single Post
(#18 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 12-05-2009, 09:00 PM

The ignoring thing wouldn't work for me either, because I often liked being alone. I still do. Actually, in Kindergarten, I used to practice writing and stuff by myself instead of playing in the sandbox with the other kids. XD Nowadays, I still like writing by myself, and being alone in my room. Besides, I'm usually the one giving my PARENTS the silent treatment. I ignore them as a "punishment", so the other way around I'd just be like, "Whatever, I don't want to talk to you anyway."

Remember the difference between DISCIPLINE and ABUSE. Abuse, in any form, is wrong. For example, a child breaks a $100 vase.

DISCIPLINE: The parent might be upset, but they don't let that take control of them. They calmly tell the child that what they did was wrong, and to be more careful. They make sure the kid then knows that he's going to get a spanking. Afterward, they tell the kid not to do it again, and the kid walks off.

ABUSE: The parent FLIPS OUT, grabs an object (like a wooden spoon, belt, etc.) or uses UNREASONABLE FORCE to HARM the child. They'd probably yell at them, and call them "bad" and THREATEN them with the idea that it will happen again. (There's a difference between threatening someone, and informing them or the rules).

I certainly would start off with physically disciplining my child, but if nothing else works, you have to make sure they're disciplined somehow. A lot of children now are growing up to be brats, because they're parents don't want to hit them, and it just doesn't work.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!