(#4 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 12-05-2009, 03:31 AM

Character: Gabriel
Items included: Background, Jewelled hairband & Gloves.
Base:GigideMortimer on deviantART

Phew...Finally finished her, I started her really late and only just finished, The Hair, Background & Mask took forever to make but I am really happy with the outcome of the whole doll, I would have liked to change the skin & eye colour to look more like Gabriel's own colour but it wasnt allowed so hopefully she still looks a little like her.
Gabriel is at a Masquerade ball, nobody knows who she is and she is making the most of it.
Standing beside the window she notices Jack a guy she has known for awhile but just hasn't had the courage to ask him out so she decides to play a game with him, she inconspicuously drops her handkerchief on the floor and waits for him to pick it up...he did and the rest of the night I will leave to your Imagination.

Judges' Critiques
I love the mask! Absolutely LOVE it! The hair looks amazing and the dress has so much detail. Must have took you several weeks to complete. The skin doesn't look that great in some parts, like the eye brows and collar bone. Overall, great job!
-singergirl509

Ness, I am unafraid to say that I think your dolling skills have improved the most in this competition. I think everyone expected you to be the underdog, but you continue to take critiques and wow the judges every round with huge improvements. I believe your doll as the strongest story behind it and you included it in all elements of the doll. From the dress to the mask to the handkerchief, you certainly melded the elements in a way that shows just how dangerous of a competitor you are. Using the multicolored mask was a bold move. I think it would've been improved with more shading or larger differences between your shades because right now it tends to all blend together. Also, there's some shading on your dress that is incorrect around the calf area. A mermaid style dress would not have shading around the calf. Rather, the shading mainly comes from the folds, which are mainly concentrated along the flared portion of the dress. You picked a flattering style though(one of my favorites) that does look good with this doll base, it just needed some more work.
-Silver_Wolf_Kitty

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 12-11-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!