(#2 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 11-28-2009, 10:49 PM

Character: Mandy
Items Included: Headband, belt, striped socks, high-heeled shoes, pet, background (don't know it it counts, since it's geometric and not detailed, but I'll mention it anyway. :P).
Base: nicolabear on deviantART

I really liked this round's concept. I love colour-splash art. Hopefully it is okay that I have both the eye and the belt in colour, since they are the same colour and relatively small items.

Hope this doll will get me to the finals! =D

Judges' Critiques
Very nice! The white outline is a nice added detail. I love the cat, and the striped socks and shoes reminds me of the Wicked Witch of the East (which is a good thing for me since I love the Oz! The Wizard of Oz!!) Overall, fanatastic job!
-singergirl509

I think this is a really cute doll. You chose a nice colour to use for your splash and it certainly fits well with the black and white. Adding a white border was a smart choice, it certainly helped your doll pop better against the background. In some portions of your doll though your outlining appears chunky, particularly on the chest. I'm not sure if this was intended to be a thicker banding, but if it was, it would've helped to shade it a bit. Also, I think the shading on your more visible glove could've been fixed a bit. Right now, it appears more dithered with nothing in between each color than anything else. A little tweaking and it would be up to your usual level. Regardless, your doll is my favorite this week. It was simple, chic, and you used the splash tastefully.
-Silver_Wolf_Kitty

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 12-11-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!