View Single Post
(#18 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 11-25-2009, 06:06 PM

The more I think about this topic, the more my view that it should be legalized strengthens. Doctors would NEVER kill a patient who is unwilling. Doctors are there to help people get better, but when there is no chance of recovery and the patient wants to willingly die to escape from the chance of dying painfully, where is the problem? Going to see a doctor and dying peacefully seems a lot better than suicide - especially if it doesn't work and has painful consequences. I don't think doctors would kill people just to clear up hospitals...

Again, I don't think his should be done for people with, say, depression or bipolar, or other mental diseases, but like Miranda said, it's QUALITY of life VS. QUANTITY of life.

I do believe everyone should have a conversation like this with their family. If a family member were to end up in a coma, you should know what they would want. Some people would say, "Keep my heart beating no matter what!" and others would say, "When the time comes, set me free. I don't want to live off a machine."

As for the guy who was in a "coma" for 23 years... I'm not sure. I agree with Miranda, that being trapped within your own body and being unable to do anything for 23 years wouldn't be much of a life.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!