View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 11-23-2009, 06:11 PM

A small, cream-and-caramel colored hunting dog paused from running to lap up some water from the stream in the woods, delighting in how cold and fresh it was. She was charged with adrenaline, and could hardly stand still; she’d done it! She’d finally given her hunting group the slip! This was something she’d longed to do for so many years she’d lost count, and at long last she could taste freedom, real freedom. Takaia listened carefully and tasted the air for pursuit, then ran some more when she found none, her tongue hanging out in pure joy. Soon, she came to where the forest ended, and the tall grasses began, which in turn led to the city, something she’d always been curious about. She paused once more to listen and sniff for danger, then, having found none, she sprinted through the tall grasses, enjoying the feel of it all around her.
~
Marius, a man in his thirties with tan skin, dark eyes and brown hair, had had a terrible day at work; no one had wanted to listen to his proposal about the new plans to drive out or capture the vigilantes in the forest, and he was in a bad mood when he came home, his mood shown by his stiff posture, clenched fists and heavy scowl. But that changed a little when Kasa jumped up to greet him at the door, as she always did. He laughed. “Hey, there’s my favorite girl!” He said, scratching Kasa behind her ears and smiling down at her. “Did you miss me? I missed you.”

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!