View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 11-18-2009, 10:50 PM

Spanking, within reason, is not too harsh; you can create an atmosphere where the threat to be spanked is worse than thae spank itself. for example, ym mom would always count loudly to three, then grab the fly swatter and chase you, and it was embarassing; the chase and the anticipation were much worse than the spank itself, which barely even stung at all.

Spanking, however, should only be used when other forms of discipline aren't working, and parents who do spank should be conscious of how hard they do and what they use (i.e., my mom and her flyswatter).

I think that a lot of parents are really starting to baby their children nowadays, what with taking away games and such, but never really changing the punishment for the drime, except for hbow long the game/grounding lasts. And, even then, some don't keep up with the grounding, and some children can sneak the game, or sneak out to play. Though I'm not for abuse in any way, I think that introducing the idea of a spank as something very bad used only for really bad behavior could work.

One thing that bothers me, however, is how people are so eager to jump the gun on abuse cases; when I was a kid, had I been a bratty child, and gone up to a policeman I saw and said my parents hit me, they'd look into it, but if there wasn't much proof they'd drop it. Nowadays, it seems, if a kid did the same thing, then the parents would be incarcerated for more or less bopping their kid on the rear. -.- Dunno about Canada, but that's what it seems like for the States; they either over-react or under-react.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!