View Single Post
(#104 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-18-2009, 06:04 PM

No problem jumping in here, its sort of turned into a "Boy, do we wish we could fix everything here and this is what we want!" thread anyways xD

Thank you for that link It certainly is an excellent example of what can be done with a dolling forum. I'd also suggest browsing GLAM! for anyone who is interested in viewing a popular example of a theme forum, which is the direction we chose to take with the colors/appearance.
GLAM! - Index

I agree, limiting the contests to a small number would be best, then it can increase as members increase. Maybe there could be a monthly forum challenge too, with each staff member getting a month so everyone can participate? Then it could be varied too, with it focused on maybe techniques, the type of doll(so its not just handdrawn--maybe they could switch every other month so all the members could take a swing at doing both?), or even just a theme. I saw the idea on GLAM! and thought it was great. I know its fairly common on a lot of dolling forums, so it could run alongside the regular ones like the handdrawn and dollmaker contests. It would certainly be an interesting challenge, especially if I can figure out a forum currency system for prizes. It never amazes me how motivated people are to enter these things just for some online money(myself included xD).

Edit: Okay, I've found some codes for forum currency, so its a matter of finding one that won't go all buggy and we'll have currency running on the rescue board. This could go with a shop and trading system later on

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 11-18-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!