(#25 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 11-11-2009, 08:06 AM

I'd say that if we do move to a new forum, we should let previously banned members make a fresh start if they want to. If they start making trouble, we can just ban them again, but if they've genuinely learned the error of their ways, we'll have gained another member.

As for whether the move to new forums will be necessary, well, it's obviously not a decision to be taken lightly and it's not absolutely crucial to do it right now, but I do feel it would be a good idea to start preparing for a move sometime in the future.

Unless support comes back, I fear this forum will only continue on a downward slope. We already have a lot of problems that can't be fully solved without an active admin (with all admin powers) and as time goes by the amount of these problems is only going to increase.

Besides, there is the possibility that one day (likely not in the near future) this site will be taken down, and it would be better at that point if we already had a new site up and running; otherwise we would likely lose a lot of our members who didn't know where to move to.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!