Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 11-10-2009, 09:34 PM

I wrote a paper on this when I was in high school. This is my personal outlook.
For many individuals the quality of life is more important than the length.
Personally, if I was in a vegetative state I would hope to be relieved from my life at that point in time. How I perceive all this is by looking at the quality in which a person lives their life and that it is what makes life a precious thing.There are many people who could live for many of years, but may have not experienced as much as a person who has not ived many years. Neither I nor my family and friends would be able to enjoy life involving me if I was in a vegetative state. Also, It would not only be painful for the person in that state, but also the family and friends that have to see some one like that.The person whom is suffering would no be the person you always knew.

If the body is past its duties, it may be the right thing to extricate the suffering. I know that sounds harsh, but I dont beleive in that kind of lifeless way of living.

Personally I have not experienced euthanasia acted out on anybody I know or was close to, but that still does not change that I believe euthanasia should not be punished. I have been to six funerals; four of the people who passed on died peacefully, one died in a car accident and the other of one of the most painful diseases being pulmonary fibrosis. It broke my heart to see my grandma gasp for air every day and she begged the doctor to relieve her from life as it was too painful to live and they denied her and instead she died in pain. Even people who are not in a vegetative state and are conscious; I would still stand by my beliefs on euthanasia. If the patient is mentally capable of deciding they want to end their life we should let them as it is their last wishes.Prolonging the life of someone who wishes to leave Earth and or is incapable of having a normal quality of life is very wrong and inhumane.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!