View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-10-2009, 12:23 AM

Your welcome, SRK I just realized we're one letter off with our initials. You better watch it or I just might have to engulf your account to prevent confusion

Look, I'm going to drag something up that I know has been rather hush hush on the site even though it was national news awhile ago.

TDP was successfully sued by the government for failing to meet COPPA requirements and is required to pay restitution and go over content every year. I read the case online and it was a pretty big deal since TDP was the first site ever to go down for it. After researching it a bit, the decline in content coincides with this case. Lancaster, you should remember the deletion of all members under 13. This is what that had to do with.

I've seen the decline of many sites. Many of the dolling sites I first used as a doller are now gone or dead, kept alive only by a free host or TDP giving them free space. Since it has been over a year(approaching two now) since an update, the site will most likely either remain dead for a very long time, resulting in the gradual loss of members, or it will shut down. I'm inclined to believe the latter. For example, notice that the articles put out by JeZz are always a few days, sometimes a week late. They used to be on time. Reports aren't responded to, dirty content isn't removed, the gradual move to the new layout has stopped. I don't even think dollers are being hired out to make content anymore. I've had my feelers out in the community through deviantart and the common artists asked before aren't doing TDP commissions anymore. In fact, I haven't seen any commissions in ages. It suggests a lack of effort or desire to continue. Its natural for every site to reach this stage since fads some and go, but this is an extreme version of it.

I don't want to scare anyone, I just think its time for the facts to be out there, especially since I've kept silent for so long to protect the site I've loved and grown up with. I don't want to see the TDP community scattered to the winds if a shut down happens. I want us to stick together, especially since we've been together for so long. I don't think the site will be handed off, though you never know.

I don't want anyone to panic, I can't repeat this enough. I do not have any certain information other than what I've gathered online and my experiences and much of the above is speculation based on what I do know. I do not know for certain if a shut down will happen or if tomorrow suddenly everything will be alright. I just want to be safe and continue to protect the users I've watched for so many years.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!