View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 11-09-2009, 10:07 PM

Ugh, the debate thing I truly miss as well. Debates are my kind of thing. I tend to get very intense during debates. xD It seems now however, that topics are either one-sided, or those that are stating their point on an issue do it very... well, very poorly.

ie. "OMG, I LOVE TWILIGHT!!1!!!1 Bella + Edward = <333!!"

By the way, that was just an example, but you can see what I mean... They give no reason as to WHY they like Twilight so much, they just do for some reason...

I'm actually starting to type up a thread that should get people going, because a coworker and I argue this point a lot. I actually feel like creating a lot more debate topics, but like you said, the problem seems to be a lack of desire to debate, and that will probably cause any new topics of debate to fail.

Maybe it's not just a lack of desire, maybe members are just unsure about how to say their opinions without flaming, and don't want to get in trouble. Flaming and debate are two different things, people!

Flaming: "Your opinion is STUPID. Get a life."
Debate: "I don't really agree with your opinion on this matter. Here's why: (list of reasons)."

I don't know what we can do about getting new members to join the community. It may have something to do with the main site even, and Jessica's (Support's) absence. Some previous members probably left when the main site stopped being updated.

Support's absence is also making it much harder for us to fix forum problems or change things around the forum. As much as I love this forum, maybe we should try and start up another forum or something on a different site. The best thing about starting fresh (on a new site not connected to TDP) is that we'll have full control over the boards, and will be able to fix our own forum issues.

But we'll need some one good with coding if we do decide to get a new forum. And it will certainly take some time, as well, so it won't happen overnight if we do decide on that idea.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!