View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default Forum Feedback - 11-09-2009, 09:02 PM

What would you like to see more of on the forums? What could use improvement? What do you like now? Dislike?

This thread is really the spawn of me trying to exam the forums in my mind. I have been thinking about how far it has come, but also dwelling on problems. I'm wondering if anyone else is feeling similarly and am looking to encourage a staff-member discussion without any fear of getting in trouble for criticisms(as long as they aren't just said to be nasty). Maybe through this discussion we can liven up the forums a bit more.

I've been trying to piece together what seems to be missing and I have yet to figure it out. I'm starting to believe it might be the lack of actual debates and discussions we used to have. While there was flaming, they were intense and prone to making others think. In fact, without these I often feel I have little work to do(while great, its disconcerting when we used to have to be moderators more often). I'm not sure why these have slowly become a dying breed. It certainly isn't because of any lack of topics provided, it simply seems to be a lack of desire to discuss them on a higher level now.

I've also noticed we have by far fewer regular members. Its not purely because of multiple accounts and while I know the site has been stuck in decay for a while, I sense its some sort of vibe people are getting from the forums. It used to be people shared the forums with their friends, they invited them to come on and we were a thriving community, but that is long gone.

I suppose what I'm putting out there is would this change if we were at another site? Is there someway we can liven up the forums and encourage more people to participate? I want to know everyone's opinions and I'm not just talking about an "I like them". I want hardcore criticisms, with the highlights and the problems brought out. I'm not only asking this as a staff member, but as a veteran member who is seeing a forum die before my eyes. Is it time for us to start fresh with a new forum? I know here we've been stopped in our progress, especially since we have ben trying to work out forum control issues for close to a year now and I'm starting to suspect it won't ever be fully adjusted, partially prompting this topic.

I am going to note that I am going to request all members stay polite. Now isn't the time for a bash fest of the staff.

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 11-09-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!