Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-05-2009, 08:17 PM

Thank You for answering my last question :]

Question: Probability

okk...here are some questions...i think i might have the answers right...but i suck at math so, idk. :P
here they are, and can you please show work so i can understand? THANK YOU

info you need to know:
Barry has 32 base ball cards: 14 Cincinnati Reds cards and 18 Cleveland Indians cards. He also has 25 football cards: 15 Cleveland Browns cards and 10 Cininnati Bengals cards.

1. If Barry picks one baseball card and one football card, what is the probability of picking and Indians card AND a Bengals card?

2. If Barry picks two football cards WITHOUT REPLACEMENT, what is the probability of picking a Bengals card first AND a Browns card second?

3. If two 8-sided number dice, each numbered 1 through 8, are rolled, what is the probability of getting a 3 on each die?

4. Erin's dentist has 8 blue toothbrushes and 12 green toothbrushes in a drawer. If the dentist takes two toothbrushes from the drawer without replacement, what is the probability that the first toothbrush will be blue AND the second toothbrush will be green?

5. Nate is thinking of a number 1 through 9. He is also thinking of a letter A through D. What is the probability that Hannah will correctly guess the number AND letter Nate is thinking of?

MY ANSWERS: [probably wrong]

1. 20/36
2. 25/532
3. 1/4
4. 24/95
5. 1/36

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!