(#4 (permalink))
Old
jordanashley (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.33 Average
Default 11-05-2009, 06:48 PM

Character: Piper
Sin: Pride

Here, Piper is representing the sin of pride. She's dressed as a queen here because usually queens and other royalty are full of pride in themselves. (Just an FYI, incase you were wondering, the thing behind her neck is one of those tall collars that queens will sometimes wear ^_^) There's an orange Tiger Lily next to her because on a few websites I found, it said that an orange Tiger Lily represented pride. The reason why her dress is mostly orange is because I also found a few places that orange, or deep orange (I found it as both) represented pride, as well. The other parts of her dress are a goldish-yellow color (supposed to be sort of gold, but it is more yellow) because royalty (in this case, queens) are usually associated with the color gold.

Judges' Critiques
I'm impressed that you researched your sin! How clever to add the flower of pride! However that doesn't save the doll itself. The colors are really bright (and hurt my eyes) and are not very distinct. Gold is a much darker color, and both could have had better shading. The flower is choppy and too blended. Piper had a lot of potential with being a pride-filled queen, but unfortunately there were too many mishaps to do her justice.
.:*LancasterPrincess*:.

This doll is well put together, but the gold parts could be darker as they don't really look metallic enough. There could also be more props, and the flower is a bit out of place. It would look better if the doll was carrying a bouquet, or had one tucked behind her ear, than to just plonk it next to the doll. I really think this doll could do with a lot more detail, as there really isn't much to demonstrate the chosen sin of pride.
-Miranda_

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 11-16-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!