View Single Post
(#433 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 10-21-2009, 05:49 PM

THIS IS NOT DIRECTED AT ANYBODY ON HERE. I REPEAT. THIS IS NOT DIRECTED AT ANYBODY ON HERE.

Note: This was originally a note on facebook, hence the extreme explanations of things.

The stupidest people I know are ones I interact with on the internet. I don't care who they are off line, on line some of them are the most irritating people I can think of and I can't fathom why. It's like trying to win an argument with this one guy in my food prep class, always has to one up me or somebody else.

Let me set the scene.

The plot of the written role play (hereby referred to as an RP) is that creatures and people from various worlds (that we are allowed to make up or reference from stories, but the characters have to be our own) end up on this strange plane where you are not detectable by the overseers of the multiverse due to a strange anomaly wrapping around the planet. Most of the characters involved are very relatively weak; we have a bear-dwarf hybrid, a vampire (that's a non-sparkler, thank you), a shapeshifter, a dragon stuck in his dragon form due to a cursed collar, a walking neutron robot who is running out of energy (literally. I also broke his hand with the dragon's collar, oops.), an energy-sapping alien critter, a doctor, and for some reason a hermaphrodite ... thing.

Problem?

The doctor and the... hermaphrodite are part of a race one user came up with about a year ago. They are beautiful; they are magical; they are powerful; they are basically perfect. They all also seem to be albino, despite the fact his first character, a midget by their standards, was reported to be the ONLY ONE EVER TO BE AN ALBINO. They are not true albinos in any case, as they are reported as being sapphire jewels. Yes, jewels. Yet he mixes this up occasionally and they turn.. bright red. WHAT. THE. BUCK. IS. WRONG. WITH. THIS. GUY!?

Anyway, my three characters - the vampire, the shapeshifter, and the dragon - are all relatively normal for their races with the exception of the vampire, who has no use of her legs and uses a type of brace, which is basically a prosthetic leg that wraps around the leg and makes it move. Where she and her sister, the shapeshifter, come from, they are extremely technologically advanced and did something to make the braces move as a result of muscle movements in the rest of her body. The dragon, from a realm of pirates and magic and mythical creatures and yadda, is completely blind in one eye (said side of his face has a scar on it) and the other is losing its capacity for sight due to an infection he once had in it. He's stuck in his dragon form due to the cursed amulet on his collar; one side is a stick figure of a human, the other is three claw marks. That claw mark side is what keeps him as a dragon, obviously.

Now, the doctor and herpho are two totally different types. Doc's good, suave, and handsome. Herpho is evil. Very evil.

My characters? Fairly neutral until provoked. They are also extremely flawed. The shapeshifter has an extremely nasty temperament. The vampire has a short-fuse temper. Dragon, just talked about him.

The doc and herpho? TOTALLY FREAKING OVERPOWERED. It's not even FUNNY. Apparently, the herpho can take on a forty-foot, sixty-ton dragon and also destroy the multiverse with the bat of an eyelash. And the role player says this is his character WHEN IT IS NERFED. I'm calling shenanigans. I've put up with this guy for a year and I'm sick of the OPing, sick of the gorgeous male and female characters he comes up with, and sick of his 'oh quit it, he's nerfed!' attitude! I finally lost it and screamed at him, telling him exactly what was wrong.

I mean, even the neutron-powered guy is nerfed to the point he's running out of energy; I broke his hand with my dragon's collar, and he can't heal it because of low neutron power!

Blah. Rant over. Don't really expect anyone to get it. It's like reading a book and every character was nice and normal and average-looking, and then suddenly you get this drop-dead gorgeous man or woman walking in and stunning everybody with their beauty and magical powers that nobody else in the world has. Anybody else get annoyed with that? I mean, even Superman wasn't that handsome. I found him rather ugly, to be frank.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!