Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 10-06-2009, 12:44 AM

Character: Gabriel
Anime: mahoushoujo no taisetsu nakoto
Anime link: Riddomiira Torusutoi - リュドミーラ・トルストイ - mahoushoujo no taisetsu nakoto. - *法少女の大切なこと。 - Anime Characters Database
Base: Poupe-base by GigideMortimer by ~GigideMortimer on deviantART
Anime character: Riddomiira Torusutoi
Ref pic 1: http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/u..._Torusutoi.jpg
Ref pic 2: http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/u...885charab5.jpg

Gabriel is a little excited to be dressing up as Riddomiira, she put her wig on and stuck her contacts in and she's ready for her role.
She is supposed to look cartoony so I purposely drew the hair that way and please note that it isn't supposed to look like natural hair as you can see in the pics, I tried to do her as cartoony as I could.

Apparantley her character is the mother of the hero and his former teacher, there isn't a lot of info on her and most of it is in Japanese, after translation thats all the info I could get.

Judges' Critiques
I am amazed at how close this looks to the original character. There is almost no diffrentiating them, which had to be a difficult task considering the hair and the long, white trench coat. I like how you shaded similar to the reference pictures too, taking into account the light sources, which is something a lot of dollers generally don't do and is an advanced technique. The curves of the bottom corners of the trench coat could use a little work to make them smoother and overall the outfit could use a bit more curving on the bottom of the skirt and coat to make it seem more natural, but this seems to be more of a problem with the way the character was drawn, with little regard to the way the clothes would've fallen.
-Silver_Wolf_Kitty

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 10-21-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!