View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Online)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 10-05-2009, 07:29 PM

I don't dislike him as a person - he could very well be a sweet and charming kid, but his music style is just not something I'm in to.

Unfortunately, tween celebrities are growing increasingly popular among little kids, which is why some have staying power, yet haven't got any talent. Eg, if I mention "Hannah Montana" to a five year old girl, they'd say, "She's amazing and awesome at singing!" but you mention her to someone older (over 16), they'll act as if you just said the worst possible name imaginable and glare at you while saying something like, "I'm planning her murder now." xD

It seems like real talent just isn't coming through anymore. Instead, we get these teeny-boppers or Disney stars who THINK they have talent, but their only fan-base are those under 13 who have no clue what talent is.

It depresses me. If you make a five year old choose between The Beatles and Hannah Montana, they'd pick Hannah Montana. Children have no taste. >.<

Like I said though, this kid could be a nice guy, but his music... it's just not my kind of thing.

From my personal experience though, I know people who are over 13 - even over 18! - and still like Miley Cyrus (none of which are my friends, but usually the preppy snobs I used to go to school with), and I also know a lot of younger teens, from 10-13, that like her. I'm not saying all kids under 13 do, and kids over that age don't, I'm simply stating that her fans are generally in the 5-13 year old range. However, that's not important, because this isn't ABOUT who like Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana or not, it's about this new kid.

This kid's actually doing very well in Canada, or at least in my part of Canada. That's what my brother tells me, at least, because no one I know talks about him. I had no idea who he was until a couple days ago when my brother wanted to show me so I could make fun of Justin Beiber with him. xD

Last edited by Miranda_ : 06-27-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!