View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default DS Lite or PS2 - 09-14-2009, 08:00 PM

Well, my sis says she will give me $60.00 to buy an electronic simply because I whine too much about not having one, and no one bought me anything for my birthday and I highly doubt anyone will buy me anything for Christmas.
I will help her do household chores and such to pay her back, but she has a job, so. I have $20.00 as well, meaning that at the moment we have enough to buy either a DS Lite or a PlayStation 2.
That's not the point.
Here are the prices:
Used DS Lite - $80.00
Used PlayStation 2 - $70.00
Used DS - $70.00 (less?)
My iPod Touch - $260.00
----
Pros and Cons: PlayStation 2
I am seriously thinking of buying PlayStation 2, simply because it costs ten dollars less than DS Lite and me and my friends have games for it so I will not have to go and buy other games for a while, and even if I do the games will be older and cheaper. Also, here is the thing if I buy PS2 - I can still get the original DS system because my friend has struck me a deal:
[my iPod Touch exchange for his original DS.]

However, my friend Samantha remarked, "Dude, PS2, even at $70, is not good because no one makes games for it anymore - they only make games for PS3 which is like, $230 at the cheapest. You still have to go buy games because, like, you only have one, and buying PS2 just to play Sonic Heroes is sorta wacked up." <- Agreed, but I am not buying PS2 to just play Sonic Heroes. =_____=
I understand this, not to mention I'm not sure if my parents will allow me to play on PS2 everyday seeing as we only have one TV and it's bigscreen, meaning if they want to watch TV I will be scooted off and not allowed to play any games.
Also, my iPod touch I worked hard for when I was a waitress and it cost $260, and I can use it when I am trying to contact people via internet (cuz of wireless) and it has a calculator, music, stuffs like that. That is a loss of $180, which concerns me a little...
----
Pros and Cons: DS Lite
DS Lite seems like the best choice because it seems like a newer version, right? And it seems like there is a wide variety of games starting to be made for it; the newest version is DSi which the games are still Nintendo DS so they still work on DS Lite. Also there is the fact that GBA games work on it, and I have a GBA, which I have misplaced...Err. >_>; For a few years...*cough* GBA games are a lot cheaper than DS games or PS games.
The bad thing about this is that I'll have a Sonic Heroes game which I will not know what to do with, and I still do not have any DS games.
----
Pros and Cons: DS Original
DS Original, if I get the PS2 then I can also get this item from my friend in exchange for my iPod Touch. It seems very outdated and I've seen the color screen - the light seems a whole lot darker than the DS Lite and from what I've heard, Lite is a lot better and lighter. However, this too can use GBA games and DS games, so...But I'm still not sure about it.
It's a little too expensive to exchange my iPod Touch for a DS Original, to me, though...Especially since I only got $20 a day as a waitress and I was the only one ^^ That's still a week of saving up, and some days my parents didn't pay me.
----
Pros and Cons: iPod Touch
iPod touch is probably the only reason why I can even sneak on the internet over the weekends, seeing as my parents won't let me take my laptop there. Also, to me music is very nice to listen to because every weekend we have to drive for 1 hour straight for two ways, and it kills me to have nothing to listen to during that lengthy amount of time - also, I walk to and from school and my iPod is also a necessity here. I think that one day my laptop may deteriorate and if I have my iPod I can still post on TDP, but without it, I am no longer able to access the internet world.
What annoys me is that I spent $260 and yesterday I went to Wal-Mart; they had iPhones, which are the same thing as iPod touches except they can call and have thousands of applications (Not joking, it's for real o_o) while iPod Touch only has like, less than ten...And the iPhone cost...$97.
-___-; Imagine how pi'ssed off I was. Anyway, that just means that I can't sell my iPod touch on Ebay seeing as iPhones cost so freakin' little anyway.
------------
So that's it, really: I just need to know what you think I should get. I have these options:
- Keep iPod Touch and buy DS Lite *$80*
- Trade iTouch for DS Original *Free*
- Trade iTouch for DS Original and get PS2 *$70*
- Just get PS2 and keep iTouch *$70*
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!