antimaie (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 12 Votes / 3.83 Average
Send a message via AIM to antimaie Send a message via Yahoo to antimaie
Default 09-07-2009, 04:34 PM

Character: Tiffany
Jewel: Diamond
Base: *DEAC loves you.

Tiffany is a diamond fairy, and she chose to be a diamond fairy because diamond is the birthstone for April, and her birthday is April 16th.

I had a lot of fun with this doll, even though the white palate was hard to work with. I added a silver belt, bewcause I thought that it was missing something, and even gave her a diamond wand, one that she normally uses as a baton, and twirls around her fingers, but almost always end up dropping it.

Judges' Critiques
Very cute idea but wasn't the best well thought out plan. First, very light pallette. When your working with a light pallette, add a darker background so it is more easily shown. This is mainly for the wings. Second, the lips. A little too light. You should have done a darker pallette or just kept them neutral. Third, the light pallette makes her look really, really light skinned for some reason. Most of the time, it goes the opposite way but on my computer its not. And fourth, the hair doesn't look that great with this outfit. I think its just that the lightness of everything is a little too much. However, the diamond baton was a nice touch and that looks really nice and the diamonds on the side are nice. Overall, it was a decent effort. Although, I did notice you are the only one with shoes. xD
~Singergirl509

I agree that the palette choice ended up becoming an issue with the doll. It is a cute concept, but once all the white got together, it turned into a mess. I believe that working with this much white is generally a risk in dolling and sadly this was a miss. I think the biggest issue, of all the tiny things, is the white lips. If you had done a bright red, I think this doll could've been improved significantly. Nice accessory choices though, I notice that you had shoes, which seems to give this doll a more urban slair than the other fairies. I like it, I just would've liked to see more.
-Silver_Wolf_Kitty

baby, you got me. ♥

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 09-17-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!