Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-07-2009, 03:18 PM

Gif version: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82..._155263037.gif

Character: Saguna
Stone: Lace Agate (File:Gem.pebbles.800pix.labelled.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , last row, second from the right)
Base: CCG (21) Fantasies , Medley

The reason it's posted as a PNG with a link to the GIF version is simple; Iaza eated it. Badly. It might not be obvious right off the bat where it was eaten, but if you guys do the zoom-in thing to check shading and do comparisons between the two and all you'll definitely see it. Especially in her pants and in the stones.

Anyway, I chose the Lace Agate because it's a very pretty, very light stone. I wasn't entirely sure how many shades there are of it, so I did do a few shades that were darker than what's seen in the image. The wings' gems are being held up by ghosts, as we tried finding a good set of wings for Alvin to wear and it just wouldn't work. So, found a bunch of Lace Agate gems and had her ghost friends hold them up. That won't disqualify her, will it? >.>;

Judges' Critiques
Its a little bland coming from you but its nice and simple. I would have thought you would have done some more...well, out there, but this is also a nice post from you. I would have chose a different colour for the pants, simply because I think it clashes a bit with the outfit, but that also could be the white background playing with my eyes. Overall, very nicely done.
~Singergirl509

My first thought was "Man, I wish I had her hair!". Its so beautifully styled and it was a nice touch to toss it over her shoulder. I think the issue that this doll has though is the wings are dominating it. I think they are incredibly beautiful, but Alvin is definately overshadowed here. Maybe a different base pose would've fixed this problem. As for the colors, it definately became a problem when the transparency couldn't be done. It is beautiful, but the white background definately makes the palette colors all blend together. Its a great doll and its a shame the background couldn't be made transparent without destroying it since I suspect it would've looked very good.
-Silver_Wolf_Kitty

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 09-17-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!