Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 09-07-2009, 12:00 PM

Character: Ashley
Jewel: Cartoon Dolls - Doll maker and Dress up games to dress up dolls and avatars - Making Cartoon Dolls @ TDP
Base: DHF : Doll on the Hill Factory

With a colour scheme like this, I just wanted to make something asymmetric and eccentric. Since her outfit is so colourful, I decided not to add many accessories so it wouldn't look too busy. The wings are made of wire, with gems set in them (I couldn't get Ashley to wear traditional fairy wings XD). Design of the wings was inspired by this stylized butterfly: http://vector4free.com/_images/vectors/normal/76.png

Judges' Critiques
Awesome idea! I wouldn't have even thought of doing a muliti colour jewel. And I know you said that with the major colour scheme you didn't want to add to many accessories but I think just a simple necklace or bracelet would have been nice because she does look a bit bland where her clothes aren't. What I also could have seen on there is maybe a simple tattoo on her right shoulder or her stomach but I also know those are hard to pixel. Overall, great job!
~Singergirl509

When you approached me about a multi-colored stone, I was a bit worried about how you would do it, but I think this came out brilliantly. I'm glad you chose to do a gradient and not separated colors, I think then this doll would've flopped big time. I really think the wire wings were an original concept and it definately added to the eccentric nature of this doll. I agree with Singer that you could've gotten away with a simple necklace or bracelet of the same metal since it looks a little empty on top, but it still is a very beautiful doll.
-Silver_Wolf_Kitty

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 09-17-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!