View Single Post
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-13-2009, 12:06 AM

I see the replies have gotten out of hand. Before anyone else says anything about copying, she gets it. There is no further need to comment on it and all further comments will be deleted. I'm a bit ashamed to have seen this sort of response. There was no need to several people to respond on it, no need to further emphasize it once she understood. If she did it again, that would be another matter, but this is a common beginners mistake that needed simple correction. I direct everyone to the thread below to remind them of our criticism poilicies.
http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/h...-everyone.html

Horselover, I hope you will continue to try to try this new hobby and I'd suggest you look at that thread too to familiarize yourself with some common dolling terms and mistakes. I know its tough in the beginning(it might benefit you to see some of the beginner works of many of our dollers to show you that no one starts out perfect). Next time, try to shade it yourself. If you shade the way you think a shirt does fold, it'll give you a starting point for improvements. You can then compare your own work to that of other dolls and see where you went wrong. I'd suggest trying that, it's immensely helpful to be aware of your misconceptions right away when doing art.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!