View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 08-11-2009, 03:24 PM

It you copy it, you're not really LEARNING. Hand drawn dolling takes a lot of trail-and-error. You can't just copy someone else's work and claim it as your own. When I pixel, by dolls take over three hours, usually. Sometimes, they end up taking quite a long time, and I may start one and not finish it for a week.

I know when you use dollmakers, you take other pieces of the doll that people all ready make, but the idea of a handdrawn is to make your own thing. Tutorials are used to show the person using it which general area is shadowed, and where the highlights go. Play around with things. In hand drawn terms, taking someone elses work and claiming it as your own is stealing, and if you change very little things, it's called Franken-dolling.

Please, do not copy other people's work. If anyone copied my work and claimed they did it themselves, I wouldn't be very happy, I'll tell you that. Luckily Mina isn't on here much anymore, because she wouldn't be pleased either.

You can use "references" (look at something, and use it to help you), but even if you do that, it shouldn't look so similar, you know what I mean? I don't hate you, I just hate it when people steal.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!