Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 08-06-2009, 07:22 PM

Character: Ashley
Celestial Being: Valkyrie
Base: DHF

As you probably know, in Norse mythology valkyries are beings who choose which warriors will die in battle, and lead them to Valhalla. There, they also serve mead to the fallen warriors (kinda like celestial waitresses :P). Valkyries are often depicted with winged helmets and wielding spears.

Judges' Critiques
A Valkyrie! I hadn't thought of that! It's original, pretty well-made, and the clotihng is pretty close to accurate as far as Viking style goes. However, the vikings loved bright colors, and I'm not so sure about the belt. The belt looks a bit modern in design. The rest is great, I think.
-Spirit_Queen

I really do love how we have some mythology references here. And both have been well executed. I love the shirt and the helmet!!
-Singergirl509

I am in love with your idea, but you seem to be doing that every week! Your work on the helmet is simply beautiful, I love all of the small details you included. My one very tiny critique is that the "knee pads" of sorts should've been placed a bit higher, such as directly on the knees since I'm assuming that is where they below. They currently are right below the knees and it makes the lower legs look a bit stunted. The boots also could've used a bit more work, but I love this doll anyways.
-Silver_Wolf_Kitty

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 08-29-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!