View Single Post
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-04-2009, 06:55 PM

It's still best not to come out and say you're either way, or bi, when you're only thirteen. I know that a lot of people who are that age or younger are sure that they're in love, or that they know what sexuality they are; but trust me; you won't know for sure til you reach adulthood. I have a friend who experimented with girls when she was a teenager; however, she was not a le'sbian, just bicurious. She's settled with a guy now, and is glad that she left it open til she was sure.

I know it seems patronising or dismissing to hear stuff like this, but trust me on this. Also, unless you are 100% sure that your school is going to be fine on this, don't come out or tell loads of people. There are hundreds of kids who end up being beaten up, bullied or driven to suicide due to coming out at school, cuz kids can be horribly cruel and a lot of schools don't do their duty as far as stopping them from victimising people. Wait til you've left school and are at least eighteen; that way, too, there won't be as many people saying it's just a phase if you wait til you're an adult.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!