(#5 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 08-04-2009, 05:13 PM

Character: Mandy
Celestial Being: Alien, or that's what it was supposed to be... xD It looked better with my alternate colour scheme, but this one's much lighter and more "Mandy"-like.
Base: nicolabear on deviantART

My lack of creativity pains me to my very soul... >.> I did come up with a couple of creative ideas, but they either weren't totally right for the contest, or just feel through because I wasn't sure if it looked like Mandy at all. I ended up making a three-eyed alien. I doubt aliens wear any form of clothing, but if they did, it would probably be very futuristic and spacey. :P That strange looking thing behind her is a UFO, and those little things on the other side are stars. The things coming out of her head are antennae. ^^ Hopefully my creativity isn't as lacking as I think it is... xD

Judges' Critiques
This judgement has been made not based on dolling skill, but creativity. Though, I feel bad for doing this, as you'd made something creative but not quite fititng before you settled with this.
But she needs more accessories, more color, or just something to make her pop some.
-Spirit_Queen

Very cute idea and I love how it turned out. The UFO could have used some colour where the is none in the middle. I love how it turned out though. And I love those boots!!
-Singergirl509

I think this is a cute doll, but I know you can do better. It definately needed some color to make it pop more and seem more "spacey". Your UFO also could've used a bit of work too(it looks like a flying nut, amusingly enough), but it was a wonderful addition. Maybe you could've added "lights" to it since that seems to be typically associated with UFO sightings?
-Silver_Wolf_Kitty

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 08-29-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!