Old
Heva_Banana_Mad (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-04-2009, 02:28 PM

Finally I finished!

Character: Lola
Being: Elemental Angel (All will be explained)
Base: DHF : Doll on the Hill Factory

Lola is an elemental angel so she can control any element. (earth,fire,water and air) for instance she can make it rain or create a flood with water. Burn down a forest with fire or even grow a forest. All this power must drive her slightly mad. The elements are shown in her clothing. Corset left: Fire. Corset Right: Air. Skirt left: Water. Skirt right: Earth.
She has the traditional halo and wings. I decided not to doll shoes because I don't picture an angel wearing shoes.

Judges please bear in mind that I had to do most of this doll on a laptop.

Judges' Critiques
The idea isn't bad, and I do like the tree, but the oufit doens't really blend. You could have made the outfit a scene, like have some wind, waves, and lightning all hitting a tree, the lightning making the tree catch fire, or something. It's not the shading that's bad, but the fact that the outfit was
just sort of thrown together.
-Spirit_Queen

Ok, first off, just because you did it on a laptop doesn't mean it should be judged any differently. I doll all the time on my laptop and, no I don't have a mouse, it turns out just fine. Yes, it may be a bit difficult but it doesn't give you any excuse as to why this wasn't your best.

Second, I like the idea, actually I love the idea, but it wasn't well put together. The hair is very nice and the wings are excellent, but the outfit just doesn't seem to go well together. The top to pieces (fire and air) should have been the exact same way. It doesn't look that great when you have one part sticking up and the other part rounded. The skirt is probably the part that draws the most attention in the fact that you have two completely different ends as well. You have water in a wave and then earth as a tree. Yes, they are both aspects of those elements but they don't look that great put next to each other. Also, with the top, they would have looked a bit better had the been the colours blended together at the middle.

I really do love the idea but it wasn't very well executed.
-Singergirl509

I believe that you could've had a really good doll if you had thought more about how to execute a scene involving all four of the elements. A combined scene on the skirt or corset would've looked amazing in my opinion and could've brought you to the top this week if you had thought more about it. I agree with the previous points about the mismatched outlines. While they can look good, they simply look messy here.
-Silver_Wolf_Kitty

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 08-29-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!