View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-01-2009, 11:55 AM

Agreed. It feels like we're stuck in this spiral where nothing can really change. I'd say the key is education, which there is very little of to begin with. I remember in my criminology class in high school, my teacher actually taught that usually men abuse women. I was the only one who objected to it because of my experience and everyone attacked me and claimed my father must be weak because of it. It was sad really and completely uncalled for.

I know the knife thing. When my stepmother tried to stab my father, she actually told the police that she was "showing him the knife". This was funny because in the recording(my father wisened up in the last few weeks and recorded her all of the time because he figured we would have to run for it), she threw the knife at him while screaming at him. You can hear it hit the wall and the dog freak out as a scuffle broke out over it. Most terrifying thing I've ever heard. They did nothing about it though because she was "mentally unstable". I don't deny that fact, but that was just flat out abuse in my opinion because she was being treated and had been for years. Its sad that she got away with such extreme things simply because of society's attitude towards domestic violence.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!