View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-01-2009, 11:26 AM

Agreed. The courts actually usually just push to get them mental health treatment(it happened to us) instead of pushing jail time. They even put her on probation only when she started stalking us, which was ridiculous because if any man did what she did, they would've been in jail for attempted murder, child abuse, harassment, etc etc. She was just charged with "assault". End discussion, nothing more, nothing less. We just got some info from the DA that the lone harassment charge(and there was over 10) finally resulted in 1 years probation, even though it violated her assault probation. Total BS.

Apparently most helplines do that. I know shelters around my home do the same thing. They actually took in my stepmother after she ran from the cops and they treated her like the victim. They even were trying to help her get acquitted. At least this man lucked out, he sued the state and they now require there to be services to help male victims as well and these groups have to accomodate them too.

Depends. Over 16, he's not really considered a child anymore, so they might just assume he's lieing. I do wonder about that. I've found that most of these groups have a flat out hatred against all males even though not all males are abusers.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!