Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-30-2009, 11:17 AM

Base is the usual Medley base from CCG (21) Fantasies

Character: Saguna Alvin Nemo
Celestial Being: Kali, Hindu Goddess of Change and Time

This is an interpretation of the Hindu goddess Kali; while often seen as a violent goddess who drinks and becomes intoxicated from the blood of her enemies (and thus shakes the ground as she dances), she has a softer maternal side that while embraced in Hinduism, is rarely recognised in Western culture. She is usually depicted with either black or blue skin, and honestly? I couldn't figure out her hair color, so I went with red. She usually has four arms, but in some depictions has ten arms AND ten legs. O.o

Judges' Critiques
Kali was quite the challenege to take on; she really does have many forms, and choosing one to doll is hard. Kali can also be recognized as a goddess of both creation and destruction (not neccessarily of the world/universe as a whole), and wolf has decided to portray the maternal side of Kali. No explaination for the wine; I think it's just there to be... there. The skirt could use more embroidery; skirts like that either have a fun pattern, tons of embroidery, or both. And, yes, I do say this from personal experience. A headpiece would have been nice, as well.
-Spirit_Queen

Very nicely done and great idea. One thing I would have changed was either the shirt or the hair. With the top of the shirt being red and her hair being red, it clashes a bit. Very well executed though.
-Singergirl509

You definately chose an extremely difficult thing to doll considering how expansive Kali's forms really are. I like your interpretation of the fact that she drank blood of her enemies, which is assumably in the wine glass. Your shading was quite delightful and I loved your base edit for the skin, however you could've used a little more decoration on the skirt. It is very bland and typically there is some ornamentation on it. Also, I agree with Singer that you should've changed the hair. I feel a black would've looked much nicer and would've blended with the skin better rather than becoming one with the shirt.
-Silver_Wolf_Kitty

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 08-28-2009 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Typo.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!