Join Date: Dec 2004
Dollmakers Contest #1 -
07-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Due to the popularity of the Handdrawn Contest threads, I'm starting this one to give people who aren't into hand drawing dolls a chance. If you decide to enter, you must abide by the rules. Failure to do so may result in an automatic disqualification and the entry(s) found violating along with any others you have entered will not be eligible for voting and you will not have any chance to place until the next contest.
1. Please abide by the theme chosen by the contest maker and also by the dollmaker. For example, if a contest is for shunis, then don't bother entering a candybar as it will be automatically disqualified.
2. No doll theft. Please don't take a doll that was either made for you in a shop or for someone else and enter it, as it is not your work and therefore does not count as a viable entry.
3. No handdrawn dolls to be entered. This is a contest for dolls made by using dollmakers only.
4. Unless you get an okay by a current contest running, we ask you make a new doll for each theme. Contests are to give ideas to dollers and allow them to compete with others to see who's idea was stronger and who brought it across in the best way. So please don't use old dolls, even if they have a similar theme used as the one currently running in the contest.
5. Please do NOT steal any bit of work, whether from a doll here or somewhere else. This goes along with no doll theft. That means, if a contest holds a certain theme and you see a doll somewhere else that looks similar to what you would expect from the theme, please don't take that idea even if you tweak it a little. If you are inspired by it, that's agreeable. But please note that you were and don't base your entry heavily off of it. Remember, we want to be original.
6. Please include a link to the dollmaker you used to make your entry. If you are using a personal dollmaker, then post the name.
7. You are allowed to enter a maximum of two dolls per contest, unless specified otherwise by the contest holder.
8. Please make sure your entry has the current theme! If the theme is based off of flowers, please do not submit an underwater entry!
9. Please follow other rules the current contest holder may provide.
10. Be original and have fun!
11. If you host a contest and someone wins it, you can enter their contest although you may not place first in it.
12: No animation is allowed in the contsts, unless the contest is specifically entitled "Animated Dolls" or the contest host requests it. Any animated entries will be automatically disqualified.
We expect you to abide by these rules. If you cannot do so, please don't enter in the first place. We want this to be a fun thing and don't need any contestants to disobey the rules. It matters not who you are, whether you are the friend or sibling of an important person around here, we all have to follow these simple rules.
In the contests, the contest holder will set the theme and deadline. Those who wish to enter must create a "doll" with such theme before the deadline and post it in this thread. The contest holder will make awards and judge each doll based on effort, how well it portrays the theme, and quality. This means no judge will choose place just because it is their friend. They must decide these with each entry. If it looks sloppy and rushed compared to another entry, then it may lose points. Although, that sloppy entry may show what the contest holder had in mind for the contest better than the others. And the one with the most effort may not always have the best quality. Keeping these in mind, the judge must place what he or she thinks deserves. It has nothing to do with relations, and you cannot ask where to be placed or suggest. That decision is entirely up to the contest judge. Whoever places first gets to run the next contest, and the others get an award with their name and place on it.
Awards we recommend:
Closest to Theme
Thanks for entering!
You must use first and second, and most likely third. You can pick and choose which other places you want, or not use any of them. But it is an extremely good idea to have a thanks for entering award. Please remember that a user can earn more than one award, although cannot double in the mains. For example, Jane Doe cannot place first and second or first and third. As John Doe cannot place second and third, and so on.
The first theme is Holidays. That means you can enter any doll dressed appropiately for any holiday, be it a ski-ing holiday or a beach holiday. Since some people are having trouble with the definition of "holiday", it's what Americans would call a "vacation". In other words:
Please enter either a shuni, prep or unique. The deadline is 20th August.
Last edited by Miranda_ : 07-29-2009 at 08:12 AM.