(#29 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-07-2009, 07:13 AM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! *squeal*

I -finally- donated blood last night at the St. Thomas church; that's where the Central Blood Bank does donations in my town. And for some reason afterward, I felt great. A little lightheaded, and my fingers on my left arm were tingly because of the tourniquet thing, but I didn't experience nausea or super lightheadedness like you hear about.

My iron was finally high enough; I've been struggling since my last post in April to bring it up and it was finally a 12.9; they were allowing me a 12.5 possibly due to my height or weight or something, I didn't get the chance to ask. >.> And because I turned 17, I can officially be a donater and I'll be getting my card in a few weeks. ^_^

Donating blood is definitely a good thing - your body essentially rejuvenates itself after you donate that much blood - and I'm really glad that I was able to go with my dad to do this. ^^ The lady that did the needle in my arm knew what she was doing and I only felt a faint pinch when she put it in, and I didn't even feel it when she pulled it out. Though that was probably because of the bandage being pulled off at the same time! XD When another lady came to let me sit up, I let her know I felt a little lightheaded, and she put the chair back to a sorta slanted position and walked over to the kitchenette area, and I looked over at my dad with a 'wtf' look on my face. She told me to pick my head up, so I did, and the next thing I know I've got something SERIOUSLY COLD on my neck and I squealed a little. XD It was just a cold cloth to wake me up. It worked. XD But I had some decaf pepsi and a cookie and I was eventually on my way. The people there were all really nice. ^_^

I was rather giggly for the rest of the night, and that's one reason why I wasn't on last evening. XD Slept really good though.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!