Old
SunnySunshine (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: Not Rated
Default 07-04-2009, 03:08 AM

i thought there already was a thread for scoliosis....interesting
But I might be wrong.

I had scoliosis for 2 years, and I just had scoliosis surgery about four months ago. I had three curves, and the highest was around 70 degrees, a month before my surgery. Now I have 1 curve and it is only 4 degrees!!! I am so happy with the results because typically after a surgery like mine, people are left with 20-30 degree curves. I was oh so lucky.

When i first heard the news that i had scoliosis, i was totally freaked out and my mom wasn't. (but when its came closer to my surgery, she was the one freaked out and not me ) I think i had a 12 degree curve, which btw you really cant notice. As my curveS reaced the 30's and 40's i started getting pain. Before it was just uncomfort. (if you think you are in pain, you might just have severe uncomfort) (but thats just a suggestion) I wore a brace for a couple of months, which did ABSOLUTLY NOTHING for me. It helps some people, but not all. That was the worst part of my expirence, mostly because it didnt help.

So I had my surgery. First month in half/ 2 months were kinda hard. I was more exhausted then in pain. If you ever do have the surgery try to get off the medication as soon as possible. It will seriously help even if you don't think it will at the time. And you will feel more like your self in less time

Well now im doing great. They told me i wouldn't be able to touch my toes, and I do! Soon I will play football jkjkjk
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!