Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 06-27-2009, 06:15 PM

Fairytale character: The swan princess from The Tale of Tsar Saltan
Character: Ashley Wells
Base: DHF

Link to story (this poem was written in 1831, but the actual story is older than that)

Unfortunately there weren't any good pictures of the princess, but I used these two lines of description:
"In her braids, a crescent beamed,
On her brow, a bright star gleamed"

The pattern on the top was loosely inspired by some pictures of Russian national dress, and the white feather bracelet symbolises the swan.

Judges' Critique
Very pretty. I love the star and crescent moon! The way you incorporated the sign of the swan on the bracelet and the russian background was brilliantly thought of!
-singergirl509

I'm glad you chose something other than the mainstream princesses. It served you well, allowing you much more freedom with this doll. You incorporated elements of the story really well. You should be proud of the beautiful shading on the crescent and star, as well as the lovely pattern on the shirt. The only thing that could improve the doll is possibly some shoes. While the barefoot look is good here, a simple pair of flats might've helped. Overall, I think this is the best entry yet.
-Silver_Wolf_Kitty

Last edited by Elanorea : 07-18-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!