View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 06-18-2009, 12:07 PM

Fairytale character: Ariel, The Little Mermaid (Does this work?)
Character: Saguna Alvin Nemo
Base: CCG (21) Fantasies , the Medley base as always.

Alvin and I are currently not speaking as a result of this doll, in case you're wondering why she looks so.. not amused. I had to yank her out of the shower to get ready and she's not very happy with me dying her hair red even though it's very temporary dye and will wash out next time she takes a shower. I included the dinglehopper (fork) as well.

Oddities aside, the colors in this that signify Ariel are the red hair, the purple shirt (as Ariel wore that purple shell bra), and the green shorts and sandals (green tail). The water was an accident. I swear. I was going for an 80's Casual look.

Judges' Critique
I love the hair. Its just soo...pretty(for a lack of words xD). The colour of the shirt is very pretty, but the actual colour was a bit darker, but with the darker toned skin, it works! I don't care for how wrinkly the shirt is but it doesn't look bad. The shorts and shoes work so well together. All in all, well done!
-singergirl509

I agree with singergirl509, the hair on this doll is beautiful. It has that tangled "I just got out of the water" feeling, which is amplified by the water and dinglehopper(which she used to comb her hair, for those who are unaware). The parting of her hair though is a bit too dark and would need to be readjusted. The clothing is tastefully cut and colored, but there are minor shading issues. Your creases are very... straight. There isn't really a curve to it, which would be appropriate since this appears to be a baggier shirt. This issue only seems to have happened in the waist of the doll since the rest of the shading is really quite excellent. Well done!
-Silver_Wolf_Kitty

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 07-21-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!