Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-04-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiani View Post
I used to get alot of detentions. Every week I had detention for uniform, lack of work, or arguing with teachers.

My 'favourite' one was when I asked the canteen lady if there was any dairy products in the pumpkin soup (as I am a vegan, but more importantly to this scenario, lactose intolerent), and she told me no, so I bought it, drank it, then got quite ill. I marched back to the canteen and asked what was in it, she told me "Well you kids are such fussy eaters it dosent matter whats in it, just be grateful that you have food" and I really gave her an ear bashing. And vomited on the floor. But thats her own fault for telling me that the soup was dairy-free. Then the principal walked by and gave me a detention for being rude.

Yeah, im rude to people who lie to me about the contents of the food they cook which results in me becoming sick. People shouldnt lie about that stuff. My allergies/intolerences arent that bad, but heck, try telling an anaphylactic that you lied about what was in the food that they should be grateful.
Sorry, but you deserved to get a detention for your behaviour. Yes, the dinner lady was wrong to tell you that there was dairy in the soup (altho, she could have not known herself or been told wrong by someone), but mouthing off to her, being rude, and throwing up on the floor just put you squarely in the wrong, therefore you deserved your punishment. That, frankly, is acting like a child; so you were treated like one. If you want to be treated like an adult, you have to act like one. The appropiate thing to do would have been to inform your parents and the head teacher of what had happened, so steps could have been taken to prevent it happening again. Had you been in a job when something like that happened, and you'd acted that way, you'd be out on your ear eventually.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!