Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 05-04-2009, 03:41 AM

Honestly I think detensions help. I remember my first detention and it was my last.
I did the homework from the night before and stuck it in my locker in first periode and forgot about it and didn't bring it to the fourth periode causing me to get a detention.. I had to re-due it in the room and I was like man I thought I put it in my book.. Then after a bloody hour re-doing it I go to my locker only to find it. I was soo P***** Off.... I have to take only fifty percent of the mark for handing it in late so it made me realise to be more organized and structure things properly before hand so I never did that after.

Think about it. When you get out in the real world you will not get away with "not doing your homework", wether it be post secondary and or a job/career. Your Proffessor in University will just laugh if you don't hand things in because your paying him 1500 dollars to teach you nothing because you don't choose to learn because for what ever reason its not convient for you. Your teachers care about you in grade school and are looking out for you and one day you will all appreciate it.

I for sure have and still do. Also when you get a job/career some day your employer will not tolerate you being late just like your teacher won't tolerate late assignments. Its a sign of disrespect; so why do it? You simply shouldn't as you would not like it if your teacher never graded your work and never handed your assignments back or your boss neglects to pay you. Detentions are a way for you to develope an understanding that you did something wrong and have to endure some time as you wasted some one elses.

So, in my point of view I strongly agree that it helps just some of you are not looking at it in the same point of view yet, because your still in grade school which is fine, because I was like that to, but I can assure you I appreciate it now. In the real world you can get fired and or have an Academic expulsion which stays with you for the rest of your life and will be on your transcript forever.Plus prevent you from ever entering into any other institution.

Last edited by delly1 : 05-04-2009 at 03:45 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!