View Single Post
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 04-29-2009, 06:19 PM

I doubt it will become more deadly. The main source of flu deaths is usually because of comprised immune systems, which can be found in the very young, elderly, and people whose immune system is repressed(by disease or drugs). I can't say why Mexico is having a harder time since they aren't recording the demographics of deaths, but that is what usually is the case with these things.

The best thing people can do is take the proper precautions and not panic. It will probably not become "more deadly", but it can lead to pneumonia when far enough along in severe cases(which is frequent in the Mexico deaths from my understanding). Many countries are well equipped to battle the symptoms and any results from the swine flu, just like with the regular flu, so no one has any real reason to panic as long as they take the precautions and do what their doctor says if they fall ill.

Just a tidbit, most of the non-Mexican cases are mild and the people are recovering quickly. The problem in Mexico is they aren't as well-equipped as many other countries to handle these health emergencies, which is why they actually closed down many public places. If you can, I'd suggest avoiding places where you will be cramped in close with strangers or where the conditions are less than satisfactory with cleanliness(graduations, church, restaurants, etc) who could've been exposed. These are the major spreading zones for the swine flu when its spread person to person.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!