View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 04-27-2009, 05:44 PM

Info on the Draconians and Avians, I could not fit this anywhere else. Dammit.

It's basically like Earth, but they value stone and metal work so a lot of their buildings were mainly stone and/or metal. There were various kinds of Draconians, like there's a lot of different kinds on Earth, and each of them had a specific type of job they were grown and trained to do from childhood (though obviously there are going to be oddballs). It's based on a heirarchy of dragons; each area has a king who was the strongest of a generation, and the only way to determine the next king (or queen, depending) is if a challenger steps forth and "slays" the king, meaning knocking him out of the arena in some fashion. You really shouldn't kill them but sometimes they've fallen on their swords either out of exhaustion from the fight or just being tired of being king. There's nobles and common citizens, as well as the children of the kings being considered royal, but they can't be heirs unless they challenge the king when they've reached adulthood at about 200 years old.

They've also got their own version of football, except it involves big heavy boulders and how long you can keep it up in the air with only your tail hitting it. Though that sounds more like soccer/basketball than anything else, they have a name for it but other races just call it Rockball.

The Avians' version of the Draconian passtime was huge dance and performance competitions, due to their birdlike natures. More will be added when I'm done screaming at the character limit.

ACTUAL POST:
Yuni stood in the lunch line; there were four separate ones much like the four prison sections. "..." Her nose twitched a bit; she really needed to sneeze but it wouldn't happen. She heard somebody in the line behind her and she looked over her shoulder; it was Diego. "You the new guy, then?"

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Silent_Wolf : 05-04-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!